Monday, January 24, 2011

Still Dreaming

Still Dreaming

Proverbs 16:1(NCV) “People may make plans in their minds, but only the Lord can make them come true.”

David Jeremiah, Turning Points Magazine, pg. 36(10-10-06) “To have a dream, then endure the death of that dream, requires great faith” “If you’ve endured the death of a dream, don’t give up. Seek God to discover what His purpose and plan are. It may take time and adjustments, but it will be better in the end.”

The ability to live and still have a dream
After failing in life isn’t as hard as it seems

To some they may feel like your life is over
Your luck has ran out, no more four leaf clovers

But, there is One who still dares you to dream
No matter what has happened, He’ll wipe the slate clean

And give you the strength to begin life again
Letting you know this situation is not the end

As long as He gives you breath to begin each day
He has a devised wonderful plan that will go exactly His way

Trust Him, repent, do whatever the Lord asks
He will surely give you the power to complete the task

For any “nay-sayers” who try to destroy your dream
Keep praying to the Lord and focusing on the unseen

Surely there will be things that constantly attack your mind
Satan knows you want to be free, so he’ll constantly press rewind

To remind you of when and how you (or things) did fail
Applying great pressure hoping that you will bail

On the dreams that God has set and devised for you
If you just have faith in Him, God will see you through

Don’t quit trusting, I pray, just keep believing
Today is the day—God wants to see you still dreaming

Romans 8:28(NCV) “We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him. They are the people He called, because that was his plan.”
 
Prayer- Lord, I cannot stop dreaming. I can’t say I have not lived up to my end of the bargain, because You were never bargaining with me. You had and have a plan for my life. That plan includes me being submitted to You and bringing You the glory that all of creation is supposed to bring You. Lord, I love You for Your faithfulness. Your kindness, correction and staying power are all testaments of how much You care for me. Thank You for allowing me to keep dreaming. Satan, the world and even my past failures, cause me to have many nightmares, but You Lord, through Your Word, people, ministries and miracles continue to give me a reason to keep dreaming.

God doesn't want you to stop dreaming; as long as He gives you the ability to see another day, He is giving you the opportunity to recieve His grace and to start living the life He has designed you for. Don't be discouraged by any failure or obstalces that you are facing; know that God wants you to S.T.A.R.T. NOW with living your dreams.

William Gilmer

40 comments:

  1. i am happy that god will be with me always and and i think that it is really true

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that this devotion relates alot to me because in the past i have struggled with anciety and still do at times now. God does work in lives and has blessed mewith freeing my mind from past thoughts or things that have happened in my life. - payton seifert

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this is such a great remider that God has a plan for us... because sometimes when I go through something really hard I wonder why? Wonder why GOd let that happen ..but then I am able to remember that GOd has a reason for every thing that happens to me and that he loves me and will always be there for me-Jessica Custer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy that I can still have my dreams. That God knows whats best and knows how i should be and act. That hes not a Genie but a helper, a provider, a best friend, our Father, and our Creator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter what Satan throws at you, you can't give up on your dream. God will see you through.

    Jed

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am glad that i dont have to have
    satan in my dreams its really coo lto have dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. so how satan works is though you ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am thankful that i can dream,and i will never give up on it!i don't care if times are tough i will see past the hard times, and God knows i won't! thx 4 reading!

    -kim <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. satan has his ways just don't let him in KEEP YOUR DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he will try to take 'em like a thief but they are yours so tell satan to back off."thems my dreams"
    -kim<3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I came to the realization that if I am still living, i must have some sort of reason. Every second that I am still breathing God has a reason for it. Am I living in a way that each and every second is worth living?

    ReplyDelete
  17. sometimes it is hard not to do what is right. Sometimes we think its Satan tricking us but really its us. this is a great devotion to really make us think.

    ReplyDelete
  18. well personally i think that we all should dream we all are here for a reason and sometimes it is hard to do what is right but you just got to do it god is a best friend to us he can see right through us and no matter what satan trys doing to us we can fight him off and still do it i am happy go is always with us he that he will always support us when we are going through hard times but sooner or later thoughs hard times will go away.... trust me i have been throgh alot of experients like for instance my mom passed away but i finally relized she is in a better place now and i still can dream of her!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. and no one can stop me from dreaming exept god and there must be a reason for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its awesome to think that we all of a special reason to live on this earth and God is gonna use us for something AWESOME!

    When you wake up in the morning and dread going to school or to go to church or wherever your going you just gotta think that God is gonna use you today and that should pump you up for the day.

    -Kendall <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. i think that Satan is using our sin nature and making us think his temptations are actually our desires. that can deceive us into thinking stuff that isn't true. that being said, we aren't perfect. we DO have sinful nature, which, of course, means we're gonna sin every now and then.





    Josiah H.
    i am glad we can dream, because God can speak to us through those dreams, among other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the part of the poem where it talks about God always having a wonderful plan for you as long as He gives you sir to breathe. It reminded me that God has my future already planned out and I don't have to worry about doing it by myself

    ReplyDelete
  23. like josiah said i am also glad we dream, because most of our dreams are God speaking to us in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ember- Sometimes i feel like others try to push down my ideas. that's why i think we need to have close friends who encourage and trust us

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michaela- Don't give up on your dreams no matter what God will be there and see you through!

    ReplyDelete
  26. One of the sentence saids, One the dreams that God has set and devised for you. If you just have faith in Him, God will see you through. That spoke to me and said don't let satan stop you from have dreams that God will send you in the right path and he will stay shoulder to shoulder to you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. God is doing his part, are you doing yours?!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kayla-

    It is a great reminder to me that I have a purpose in life, and that God had it planed before I was born. I can't wait to see what God has planed for me and what he will do in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  29. that is so true no matter how many dreams we hvae only the ones that God has in mind are the ones that will come true and we will have to just go with what he gives us\
    jared

    ReplyDelete
  30. Without God, our dreams are destined to fall apart. But when we have God in our life, our dreams will come true if it is in line with his will. Even if our dreams don't come true, God always has our best interest in mind and will make good come out of the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Connor.... Yah it's cool to know that when all else fails.. God is there to help u keep going

    ReplyDelete
  32. Talmon-

    I think its cool that God lets us dream as opposed to a list of what we have to do because of what we did.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm with Talmon that God gave us a free will so we can willingly trust and believe in Christ. He lets us choose and do what we want to do even if we make a lot of mistakes its our choice wheather we do whats right or not.
    - Michael

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think that it reminds me that God is always there no matter what happens. It also remind me that He is always thinking about what is best for us.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think that God has made us special and that He has given us dreams to show that we are special. I also believe that when Satan temps us to do wrong we can't say it was his fault, when we sin, because we have a mind of our own that we use to say yes or no to Satan. I KNOW for a fact that God has a plan for me but the real question is.... DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DREAM IS IN LIFE?

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really like Proverbs 16:1. I think its so true! We may think that one day we are going to be something but God might actually have a different plan for you. Sometimes we might get caught up in our dreams but God actually controls what we do in our life.

    Jeremiah 29:11 says,
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    This has been one of my favorite verses for quite a while now. God is in control of my life and knows what He's doing with me. I can only pray that he will do something great with me.

    -Kayla Hess

    ReplyDelete
  37. it's good to have dreams and goals for ourselves, but are we willing to submit to God if He chooses to do something different with our lives?

    ReplyDelete